Tuesday 17 July 2018

Former 'Bachelorette' Ali Fedotowsky-Manno bares her post-baby body to make a point about "bouncing back"


Ali Fedotowsky-Manno is opening up about her post-baby figure. (Photo: David Livingston/Getty Images)
The 33-year-old mother of 2-year-old Molly and newborn son Riley opened up about her figure in a new post on her blog, AliLuvs.
Fedotowsky-Manno is learning to love her changing post-baby body. (Photo: Courtesy AliLuvs.com)
“I’m feeling pretty vulnerable right now since I’m sharing these photos and opening up about my postpartum body,” Fedotowsky-Manno wrote. “But I thought it was important to do. I’ve gotten so many comments from people on my recent Instagram photos saying that they can’t believe how much I bounced back to my pre-pregnancy body. Or someone will say something like ‘I wish I looked that good after having a baby!’ And while I appreciate the positive comments, you guys are always so good to me, I keep trying to explain that I’m just good at picking out clothes that flatter my body and hide my tummy.”
The biggest changes with the second pregnancy are her stomach and chest, Fedotowsky-Manno added.
Fedotowsky-Manno is now a mom of two kids. (Photo: Ali Fedotowsky-Manno via Instagram)
“I definitely have a pouch of belly fat that wasn’t there before I got pregnant with Riley, and the skin around my stomach is extremely loose,” she said. “I can grab a fistful of it with my hand and stretch it out. Sometimes I wonder if it will ever go back to normal. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t. Either way, I’m learning to be kinder to myself every day.”
The former reality star revealed that her partnership with Lilly & Lime, a swimwear line that celebrates women’s bodies, helped her embrace her post-baby shape. Fedotowsky-Manno said she found summer options that worked with her frame and fit her significantly fuller chest.
Fedotowsky-Manno showed off the changes in her body while wearing a bikini. (Photo: AliLuvs.com)
Although Fedotowsky-Manno is still in the early days of postpartum life, she revealed that she felt compelled to share her story to help other women know that not everything or everyone they see online is “picture-perfect.”
“I bounced back pretty quickly after I gave birth to Molly,” she wrote. “But things are different this time and I’m OK with that. I’m learning to love my body and embrace how it’s changed. I hope I get back to my pre-pregnancy shape one day, but that may never happen. And if it doesn’t, that’s OK.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

'House of Horrors' care home couple who 'kept elderly people "including a Briton" drugged while stealing their life savings' are arrested in Spain after five OAPs died

Couple, said to be of Cuban-German origin, arrested on Spain's Costa de la Luz  Pair are accused of keeping foreign OAPs shackled and...